Another year is almost over, so it’s time to set some goals for next year!
2018 was overall a good year, but my mind struggled. I battled anxiety, self doubt and procrastination. I bounced between overeating and being a sloth, to over exercising and barely eating. It was emotionally draining.
Last year my emotions were largely reactive to situations I was in (mostly work situations). I let things that I cannot control shake me to my core. As I’ve move up in my position at work, there have been more and more difficult conversations, and situations that I have had to navigate through gingerly. The stakes are higher, the pressure is higher. I’ve felt anxious and I’ve done a lot of emotional eating to deal with the stress. It’s been tough to focus on running because I’ve felt a lack of confidence. I need to get better at managing my reactions to those situations.
This year my goals are to:
- Work on my mental toughness & emotional intelligence
- Use running to deal with stress
- Use strength training to improve my self confidence
- Focus on eating healthy
Of course goals also need plans:
- Begin using an anxiety journal to help soothe stress,reduce worry, identify negative thought-cycles, and provide me with techniques to combat anxiety.
- Follow my half marathon training plan for the Chilly Half Marathon, then find another plan to follow afterwards.
- Join a gym – or begin doing body weight workouts at home.
- Try to eat 6-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
Part of me is already excited about going back to work so I get into a routine with these no plans and habits right away!
Question: What are your goals and plans for 2019?